The Union has about 17,000 members spread across the country. These are junior workers in the industries mentioned below:
Union membership cut across the following establishments.
- Manufacturers of all types of hydraulic cement
- Manufactures of medical and pharmaceutical preparations
- Manufacturers of detergent (soap) and other washing and cleaning compounds
- Manufacturers of basic Explosives and fireworks
- Synthetics fibre and rubber resins, plastic and elastoners
- Vegetable and animal oils
- Manufacture of perfumes, cosmetics and other toiletry preparations
- Manufacture of clay products such as bricks, tiles, pipes, crucibles architectural terra cotta, stove lining, chimney pipes and tops.
- Manufacture of glass and glass products
- Manufacture of stone products
- Manufacture of other similar chemical and non-metallic products
- Manufacture of all kinds of footwear, leggings and gaiters from leather, fabrics, tanning etc.